Food Ideas for 1-Year-Old Babies. At 12 months your baby is ready for toddlerhood and it method her body can take care of a variety of variety and maximum of adult food so long as it’s far cooked properly. so read this article carefully and get the right information about your baby food chart.
- Babies may require 20-32 oz of breast milk/milk at around a year. so remember that to confine the drain allow with the goal that child has enough space to eat solids.
- After 12 months or a year, you may start to give the bottle milk to the baby.
- Offer Much variety of foods to baby. but don’t worry if he is not finish everything
- Cut food into small pieces so that they can chew it easily.
What foods do I offer my child to eat?
Fruits and vegetables
- Sweet Potato
- Mashed Potato
- Pureed Soups (i.e. tomato, butternut squash)
What foods do I offer my child to Drink?
- Water is the best Beverage. when your baby is thirsty. Offer him/her water in between meals and snacks.
- You can continue to offer your child breast milk until they are 2 years old or longer.
- You can also offer him/her bottle milk like cow milk.
- Children do not need juice or sugary drinks such as pop, sports drinks, fruit beverages, and fruit-flavored drinks made from powders or crystals. If you offer juice, give your child no more than 125 mL (1/2 cup) of 100% fruit juice per day.
Some of the food recipes for 1-year-old baby
Whole wheat pancake and waffle mix
- Add the egg, buttermilk, and oil in a large bowl.
- Add in the pancake mix until just combined.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
- Pour about 1 Tbl. of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for 1 minute longer and serve
Mashed Potato Cakes
- Place mashed potatoes, cheese, egg, and 3 Tbl. flour in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Take a scoop of the potato mixture and form into patties.*
- Place the remaining 4 Tbl. of flour on a plate.
- Lightly coat the potato patties in the flour.
- Heat a thin layer of the oil or butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook the potato cakes for 3 minutes on each side for a total of 6 minutes.
- Serve as is or with accompaniments.
French Toast Sticks
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, honey, and salt until combined.
- Dip each breadstick in the egg mixture until each side is coated with the mixture.
- Heat a saute pan or griddle over medium heat with 1 Tbl. of butter and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup.
- Cut the bananas into ½ inch slices (I like to make slices on a diagonal bias so they’re a little bit longer than circles).
- One at a time, dip the banana slices into the batter, coating all over, shaking off the excess batter into the bowl and place on a buttered griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Serve with desired accompaniments.
What if my child has food allergies?
If you have questions or concerns about food allergies, talk to your child’s doctor, pediatrician, a registered dietitian, or a public health nurse.
Also, if you found this article useful and would like to shop for some Baby Foods, visit our Baby Food Store.