Take Care of Baby during Winter. Winter is just here, it is already November and you might be wondering what do you need to do to take care of your Baby. Every newborn is fragile and needs extra care. And in the chilling Winter, you need to focus on your baby’s health more than you ever did. Because this is the time when she is more prone to falling ill and will be hard for her to recover quickly. So, in this post, find out the Best Practices to Take Care of Your Newborn Baby during Winter.
How to Take Care of Your Newborn Baby during Winter?
So, in order to take the right care of your Newborn during Winter, you need to do some things which are really important. Consider reading about the same below, and you will be able to Find out.
You need to pay attention to the right clothes. As you know that it is winter, and you will need to Buy Woolens for him. You should know that your baby’s skin is very delicate and that is why you need to keep the clothes clean and warm. Also, consider buying a Swaddle Blanket for your baby.
2). Massage and Bath:
Although you might not want to bath your baby every day during the winter, still I suggest you do with slightly warm water. What it will do is keep the germs and bacteria as far as possible. Also, followed by the bath, you should massage your baby’s body with a baby Oil (Check out our wide range of Baby Oils and Baby Soaps)
3). Better Diet:
You also need to make some vital Dietary Changes for your baby. Like in Summers, humans need more and more liquids, because it keeps going out as sweat, while the water intake in winter can go down. So, considering the same read below the tips to make Diet Changes.
- If your baby is younger than 6 months and still breastfeeds, you should probably keep that going. This will keep your baby warm.
- Mothers who are nursing the baby should avoid foods that have a cooling effect on the body. (Curd, cucumber, melons) Instead, eat foods that keep the body warm (apricots, guava, basil)
- Include more garlic in the diet as it is a natural antibiotic and the nutrients will be passed from your body to the baby’s body while feeding.
- For babies older than 6 months, you can include more of soups in the diet, that can be given lukewarm to the baby.
Sufficient Sleep is very important in any season, and winter is the season when you can’t just afford to miss it, right? Well, it is very important to take enough sleep every day. But, do you know if your baby is being able to take that amount of sleep? Is whatever you are doing that enough? Well, I suggest you not to cover your baby with a very heavy blanket. Instead, keep the blanket soft and light, otherwise, your baby will not be able to snuggle comfortably.
5). Health and Hygiene:
It is very important to keep in mind that your baby is very fragile and so is her immunity. This means that she can easily fall ill if the conditions around her are not hygienic. So, what you have to do is make sure that this doesn’t happen.
Few tips to Keep your Baby Healthy:-
- Always keep your baby wearing a Diaper. You might not really realize when your baby is going to need to pee or poop. So, it is always better to be cautious.
- Keep checking the diaper every now and then. In a soiled and wet diaper for long, the child feels cold and it is very unhygienic too.
- Make sure to get your child regular vaccines.
- If your child’s skin is cold to touch and he/she is teary-eyed, add a layer and keep him close to yourself.
6). Go out in the Sun:
The Sun is a source of Life on Earth, right? Well, the same is for you and your baby as well. You might know that Sun is a vital source of good quality Vitamin D. Do you know what this means? This means good and stronger bones for your baby, and you and apart from that better consumption of Calcium.
So, this was it for now. Here in this article, you got to read about How to Take Care of Your Newborn during Winters.